Monday, April 18, 2011

How Great Can It Be? It’s Fife…

OK, so normally I blog about local bands and what I think about them.  But today I have decided to do something different and talk about the Venue…That’s correct, The Rikk Beatty Band played at the lakebridge Forza in Lakwood and then we all thought we should grab a Pizza at Louie G’s Pizzeria in Fife so we can have a peak at the Venue the band would be playing at in a few weeks.  Louie’s was hosting James Honeycut this night and James was playing a solo acoustic set. 

What we first noticed was how the stage is set up for a large band to play with killer lighting and a fog machine to set a tone to the show.  The Sound man (Chris) knows what he is doing and had the perfect volume for James’ voice and guitar which made the event an intimate evening.  The group decide to order a ‘Large’ pizza and relax for a while when Louie asked if they wanted to play an impromptu set since we had some gear, plus this way we (Louie and Chris) can test out the new sound equipment.

We set the stage up for a quick set of about 5 songs or so and as we started the sound check we became completely blown away on how perfect Louie G’s sound really was!  Rikk said ‘the sound is what I imagine it to be like playing at the Paramount Theater or some other BIG venue place’ he went on and add ‘if the stage sound was only half as good as what the audience was hearing hearing then you know it sounded killer out there!’.  He was correct!  The sound for the audience was, in my opinion, as good if not better than some of the shows I have at the White River Amphitheater.

Now you throw in the lighting system and the fog machine and you just turned your Pizzeria into one of the hottest place in the South Sound to have your band play at.  Now let’s throw another thing into the mix…Louie G’s is an all ages venue too…How killer is that!! There have been many of times my boy wanted to go with me to see the Rikk Beatty Band and I would have to say ‘No’ cause he is only 7 years old; however, with them playing at Louie G’s I can bring the whole family for some of the best pizza I have ever eaten and watch an awesome musical event at the same time.

I have to also shout out about Louie, his wonderful bride Andrea and the Staff (I couldn’t remember everyone’s name) because when you walk into Louie G’s you are welcomed as if you are family.  This is not the dreaded family that you only want to see during the holidays either but the ones you call 4 or 5 days a week just to say hi. 

Let me give you a little bit about the title now…My buddy Caleb (Toe B- you need to ask him how is nick name) and I were telling people about Louie G’s, the Pizza, the sound and everything we enjoyed about the night and we had more then one person say to us ‘How great can it be…it’s Fife!’.  Let’s just say it was so great there that I only wished it was a little closer to Olympia so I could go there 3 and 4 days a week!

Finally, Louie has a saying ‘Welcome to my dream, you’re all in it!’  Louie, Thank you for the dream, I am glad to be a part of it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home